Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have 1978 Chevy C-10 Automatic its four wheel drive the

Customer Question
problem I have is that...
I have 1978 Chevy C-10 Automatic its four wheel drive the problem I have is that my truck jumps whenever go to different gear like drive, reverse and others. some people say its the transfer case. mines a 203 transfer case it all metal. So my question is whats the problem so I can fix
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

I am sorry your having this problem

at a stop with your foot on the brake shifting it from reverse to dive it does this ?

exactly.

ok first off are you sure both motor mounts and the transmission mount is not broken or have any excessive movement in any of them watching the rear of the transmission and engine when shifted and doing this does the engine move too much or rear of the transmission ?

yeah I check if the transmission and it was mounted correctly and pretty much engine too.

ok as long as the engine is not moving too much from bad motor mounts

if your sure the mounts are good can you safely look under the truck while some one shifts from reverse to drive and see if you can visually see the rear drive shaft to the rear axle move excessively when its making this noise ?

we need to be sure we do not have excessive backlash in the rear axle causing this issue

these issues with good mounts end up being excessive back lash in the rear axle or the transfer case or the transmission and we need to narrow down this issue

okay then thanks I check it later and let you know. thanks for helping out

anytime

let me know

you can always get me back through this post for FREE anytime with any follow up with this question even after you rare us here at Justanswer !

how are you making out ?

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician