Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 1995 chevy 20 full size van. Need to find where the

Customer Question

I have a 1995 chevy 20 full size van. Need to find where the vent door actuator is located to test and or replace as the vent are in default mode of defog. Have already checked, replaced the mode vacuum switch on the control and checked all the vacuum supply.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. After much digging, this is the only diagram I can find

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is helpful, however, do you know which one or ones, control the air being directed out of the vents only? It seems that the system now is in a "default" mode where everything is at rest and air then naturally blows to the defog and down at your feet. I do have a vent setting on the A/C controls but it is not under the A/C mode section, when you slide it, that would then also turn on the compressor. In this mode it does seem to allow some air out of the vents, but really nothing as it would be if intentional by the unit as in vent only mode at max A/C setting where it would only recirculate cabin air. Help? I am looking to find out which actuators need testing as even with the dash cover off and exploded, it is still difficult to service anything.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Should be the actuator(#59) towards the lower right of the diagram just above #60