Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2012 Chevy Impala. The other day when I got into my

Customer Question
Hello, my name is***** have...
Hello, my name is***** have a 2012 Chevy Impala. The other day when I got into my car I had noticed that the dual control climate control unit had somehow been moved back towards the front of the car about 2 or 3 inches. My question is, how do I fix that? If I can't fix it myself how much might this cost to get my climate control unit moved back to where it was originally at! Thank you for any help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Super Mechanic, Master technician replied 2 years ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Were you able to see the housing of the HVAC controls with the trim panel off? Were the screws in place and was the housing broken?

I can see the housing. I can see some screws and yes the trim is out and broken
Also yes the screws were broken

It sounds like the control assembly has broken at the tabs. Or is it the part that the screws go into?

.

I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as is allowed by the site.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the private section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address, Thanks

Can you just tell me how I can get my climate control unit to slide back up into it's original position? Like I said before it has shifted a good couple of inches towards the hood of the car and has created what I would call a shelf right under my radio controls!

Yes, if the tabs are broken the controller would have to be replaced and that would have to be emailed to you, (after you accept the additional service offer) thanks

Just checking up with you, how did it go?

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician