JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I have 2007 Silverado that will shift hard from first to

Customer Question

I have 2007 Silverado that will shift hard from first to second gear when going from a stoplight. when it jumps into second the service stabilitrak/traction control turns on
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 2 years ago.

do you have access to a good scan tool that can read abs and traction control codes?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't unfortunately. Might be able to find someone that does but in the meantime what do you suggest? I mentioned the code that said misfire of the 3rd cylinder should I replace the spark plugs or does that have anything to do with it

generally a coil is the culprit but I always change he plug along with the coil.. These are pretty common for steering angle sensor failures and even wheel bearings.. Fix your misfire and have the abs / traction control system scanned for codes

a easy way to find out if its the coil is swap the # ***** coil with a coil from another cylinder and reset the engine light ..if the miss fire moves to the cylinder you swapped with you know the coil is the cause

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Coils meaning the plug wires?

what motor 5.3?

the coil is what the plug wire plugs into the 4.8 and 5.3 has a one coil for each cylinder as shown in the attachment