Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

2007 Chevy uplander won't start

Customer Question

2007 Chevy uplander won't start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

do you have a test light it voltmeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not. I had a mechanic friend over and he does have one. It was reading 12volts with the new battery. The lights come on and the dash lights as well.
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Last question to make sure I understand you're saying the engine will not crank/ turn over? If that's correct does it click? Do the check engine light come on when the key is turned to the on position? Thanks for the info

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took the battery and starter to a local auto parts store. The starter was not engaging so bought a new starter and the battery was dead. Replaced both and nothing. It does not click over. No noise is made. Yes there are several lights on
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Thanks fine the info. Have your mechanic run these test. First, if the security light is I or flashing when you try to start then enigne the only thing you can try without a acantool would be to try starting it with a spare key if you have one, so left just say there is no security problem, remove the crank relay from under the hood, clip the test light to batter ground and probe all four relay slots on the fuse block with the key in the start position, 2 should light, if they do good, if they don't and all fuses are good reply back. Next have him clip to the power side of the battery and with the key in the start position, probe the other 2 slots and they both should light, if only 1 light up, for a split second use a jumper wire put it in the slot that lit and connect the other to the batter positive, if it attempts to turn over, then the problem is the engine control module not turning on the crank relay and you'll need a scanner to help figure out why. If it doesn't turn over during this test, reply back with the results. If all these results test good with the test light replace the relay. Please give a positive rating also replay back any questions you may have. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Sorry I am not in town right nut but trying to resolve the issue. I think the security light is on. If i have a scan tool I can clear that code and it should start? If the security light is on. Which I'm fairly certain thats what he said. Thanks for all your help
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Clearing the code only work sometime. If it don't reply back what security codes you have. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Triston. I finally decided to take the vehicle in because I could not figure out how to get it started. They said it had to do with the security system. They had to call my insurance company and make sure it was me and reconfigure the whole thing. The van is running now. After replacing my Catalytic converter my check engine light is now on. I did not replace the O2 sensors because I was not sure if they needed to be replaced. Long story short. Do I just need the Oxygen Sensor or Do i need to get the Oxygen Sensor plus the 2 Heater Oxygen Sensors.Thanks again for all your help.