Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 1993 chevy van with a 305 was running fine I came

Customer Question

I have a 1993 chevy van with a 305 was running fine I came home shut it off, it dieseling and then a little back fire. now she won't start. try's a little, just cranks over
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

The dieseling can be caused by several problems.

Overheating

Timing

Carbon build up on valves

I suspect you have flooded it. Try holding the throttle to the floor and see if you can get it to start