Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2009 impala won't start doesn't even click But all lights

Customer Question
seem to be working properly...
2009 impala won't start doesn't even click But all lights seem to be working properly ...ignition feed wire to starter has no fire ,,i checked it with a test light ..no engine codes on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/14/2015
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

have you checked the starter relay?

No where is it located
Checked still didn't start
What do I need to do now ,,I swapped the relays still nothing

silly question but is the battery charged

Are you there john

does anything happen when you turn the key? clicking anything and which wire did you check for power? and was someone turning the key while you checked?

Checked purple wire,,,someone turned key,,when you turn key to start position all lights go out when release lights come back on
Lights and gates no clicking
John are you there
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician

Hello, it seems like John is offline. My name is Bobby. Did you still need some help with this? If you would like to continue with John I will opt out.

I still need help
Are you there bobbyss

Sorry. I wasn't online earlier. Let's see what we can do to get this fixed. are you using a voltage meter for testing? If so can you tell me what the battery voltage is and then tell me what it does when someone tries cranking the engine.

I tested with a test light..I will try and get a voltage meter and get back with you..did you get my message about no fire to the purple wire at the starter.. My understanding is it goes to the starter replay and the starter relay is not clicking when turning the ignition
Bobbyss are you there,,,i don't know what the problem is ...we can't seem to get together...and can you check on why I have been charged twice $25 once and $28

I am sorry for the delay in my response. I had some computer issues. Would you still like some help with this?

I still need help

Thank you. I know you said that the starter relay is not clicking. Does the ignition relay click when trying to start it? Does the check engine light come on when the key is turned on?

No clicking no check engine light
What is a good time to contact you tomorrow

I will be off and on through out the day tomorrow. If the check engine light is not coming on then it may be the ignition switch.

I can walk you through testing it if you can access the back of it.

BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician