Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I had my front brakes & rotors replaced on a Chevy Traverse.

Customer Question

I had my front brakes & rotors replaced on a Chevy Traverse. Now it bounces a lot. Mechanic claims thosevtypes if vehicles do that awhile after being lifted off the ground. I believe the mechanic doesn't know what he is doing. Please tell me if this is normal & how long will the vehicle bounce?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** it seem to be bouncing in front or rear? How many miles are on it? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has 114k. Bounces in front
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That is a decent amount of mileage, it is very likely the struts just happened to fail. Lifting up vehicle shouldn't cause struts to fail unless they were on verge of failing to begin with. I'd expect to replace struts which is about a 3 hour job labor and $200 in parts. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.