Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 1996 LT4 it has a cold air intake, stage 2 chip,

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 1996 LT4 it has a cold air intake, stage 2 chip, open exhaust, I've had for eight years and I baby it, the curse control has never worked, but it's a 6spd. I drove it to work the other day, and everything was fine. When I dove it home the speedometer was off by 30 and power steering was weak, no washer or wipers and a dash light that said brake pressure but they were fine, could this be a vacuum issue? thank-you so much for your help.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
The speedometer, power steering and wipers and washers dont use vacuum in their operation.
These are going to be separate issues and will need to address each one. I need to know if you are wanting to diagnose yourself and if so, do you have a voltmeter and understanding of its use, and do you have a power steering pressure gage, and a scan tool with live data capabilities