Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Why my 2008 Tahoe won't start and gauges disabled but

Customer Question

Why my 2008 Tahoe won't start and gauges disabled but mileage shows and loss power to front doors! Car won't crank it's like power loss but battery is good
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. This sounds like the communication system in the car has a fault. The best way is to have the vehicle scanned for "U" codes indicating serial data faults. There are ways to diagnose without scan tools but the time and money involved would outweigh the benefits. So let me know how you would like to proceed. The first thing I can say to check is to turn the key on and check every fuse in the car with a test light and write down the numbers of the fuses that do not have power so I can see if it is a voltage fault. Lou