Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

Check gas cap on console what I have to do to clear it off

Customer Question

Check gas cap on console what I have to do to clear it off computer
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ted G. replied 2 years ago.

If the gas cap is on and in good shape it means there is another large leak in your fuel system. There are numerous parts that can cause that and it probably won't leak fuel, just vapors, which the EPA doesn't like. If that is the case then your check engine light will come on next and you will need to have the codes scanned and then diagnosis done to find the leak. If the gas cap was the problem the code will clear itself in a couple of starts.

Expert:  sarah-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/9at41-chevrolet-malibu-maxx-check-gas-cap-console.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.