Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2007 chevy 5500 i replaced the brake light switch

Customer Question

I have a 2007 chevy 5500 i replaced the brake light switch now I have no power brakes
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases a voltage surge can occur that can short out a fuse that controls the brake lights.Inspect and see if all fuses are found to be o.k. and if one is found shorted or blown the affected fuse(s) need replaced.If these are all checked and found o.k. make sure when the brake switch was plugged in that it didn't bend any wiring terminals in the connections and make sure the switch is installed correctly.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.