Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2000 chevy blazer 4wheel drive that fuel pump works

Customer Question
preasure is good but only...
i have a 2000 chevy blazer 4wheel drive that fuel pump works preasure is good but only way it will start is by spraying fuel stright in to the intake and will run just find as long as u are sprayin fuel manually any ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
9/6/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello. If you have fuel pressure and the car runs off of starter fluid that tells me the ECM is not injecting fuel. Is there any fault codes or security light flashing when cranking ?

Finally to run on its own but while driving that fuel gauge will go crazy and it will shut off turn the key and will crank right back up run for a while and do it again

Sounds like there is a communications fault. Is the gas gauge the only gauge that goes erratic ?

I can't the headlights off and at night time with the key off and outta the ignition u can very lightly see some of the digital gear display and the security light flashes all the time

Ok is there anything that was worked on right before this happened ? Or is there anything aftermarket installed in the car ?

Dont know very much history about the vehicle the only aftermarket thing i can find on the vehicle is the cd player and only to speakers play i have only had it about 4 days now but these are the only problems i have found in it runs like a new sewing machine when it does run went out on limb getin it have a baby comin in 5 weeks just need it to be reliable for few months for new job got a lot of mouths to feed and only me working and this is the only car so give a list to check and I will let u know what come up with ans we can go from there

Ok I will have to opt out at this point. This problem is not a common one for me and I don't want to waste any more of your time. My apologies. Another expert should be along soon to help.

Chevy Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

lets start with the actual fuel pressure. what is the exact pressure key on, engine off???

what have replaced to this point???

Roy

With the key in the on position engine off 70 psi on fuel pressure and I made no replacements only had it for five days now and the only aftermarket thing in the truck I can find is the radio

ok, I see in your post that it will run on its own?? or will it only run on the starting fluid???

Roy

On its own now and this was and accidentally fixed still don't know how I done it the problem now is u will be driving and the fuel gauge will go crazy and it will shut off but start right back up and security light blinks all the time it will run like a new sewing machine until that guage goes crazy

ok the fuel gauge going crazy and the not running at times have one thin in common, the fuel pump module. there is a connector from the car body harness to the module that has big issues with corrosion and bad connections.

check the connector for any damage or corrosion

Roy

The body mod was replaced a month before I got it so that might be the problem where is it located

no, bcm has no effect on the fuel system. it controls body functions not engine functions.

did you check the wiring diagram I sent to you

Roy

make sure you check all fuses with a test light for power

Roy

Checked all fuse with test light when I gi st stared this project all tested good I am at work get off at 5 as soon as I get home I will check the fuel mod and let u know

ok

What is the fuel pump mod and do I have too drop the tank to do it

to replace the module yes. it is too tall to remove in the truck.

the module contains the fuel pump and the sender unit.

Roy

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest