Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2 ohv engine with 151,000

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2 ohv engine with 151,000 miles and the car starts, it idles for about 30 seconds then it stalls out when pressing the gas and the trac off light stays on. What could be causing this issue?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Possible causes include a weak fuel pump, almost completely clogged fuel filter, leaking fuel pressure regulator, vacuum or intake leak, sticking throttle body throat plate or throat plate actuator, or secondary ignition failure.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks