Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 93 chevy s10 and the right side turn signal stays

Customer Question

Hello I have a 93 chevy s10 and the right side turn signal stays on doesn't even blink and if I turn the left turn signal it works normal. So I replace the right side front and back bulb still doesn't work, it just stay on , and if I turn on the headlights the turn signal on dash turn on also. Any ideas what could it be???
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

A poor ground connection/signal for the exterior lights generally causes this fault here.Most common is if any trailer wiring has been installed as the trailer wiring can corrode and cause poor ground connection issues.Trace the wiring from the right rear and front lights to see if you locate any corrosion in the wiring or poor connections especially at any trailer wiring and any ground connections that bolt to the body or frame.Clean any connections you have suspicions with and see if this resolves the fault.

Locating a poor grounding issue can be difficult in some cases but I find tracing the wiring is usually the best way to locate the source of the issue.In some cases even a corroded light socket will cause this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.