Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2000 corvette both head lights will not go down and lights

Customer Question

2000 corvette both head lights will not go down and lights won't turn turn off.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this here today.

If there is a fault/short with the head lamp switch itself it can cause this here as it will keep the voltage signal going to the headlights keeping the doors open and head lights on.I have seen the head light/multi function switch fail before causing this issue here.

This can be tested to verify this.If you can access the wiring for the head light switch/multi function switch (this can be tested towards the base of the steering column there will be a 23 cavity connector that the multi function switch wiring runs down into)locate the tan wire in terminal L in this connector and with the head lights off test and see if this switch has battery voltage/power (at or near 12 volts).If it does this indicates the head light switch is at fault needing replaced.If this does not have power with the head lights switched off let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete