Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2004 3400 v6 that was overheating and a friend of

Customer Question
I have a 2004 monte...
I have a 2004 monte carlo 3400 v6 that was overheating and a friend of mine that fixes cars thought it was the heater core so I took it to his shop and long story short he said it wasn't put in some copper stuff in my radiator to stop it from leaking. It worked for about 2 weeks before starting to overheat again. When I got the car back I started having to press accelerator all the way down just to get it to start moving. When asked he said I just needed to change the spark plug wires so after him not getting back to me about it overheating g again I bought a change of spark plug wires at O'Reilly last night and changed the 3 up front he said was bad but not realizing how long it will take me to change the back ones ( I work 12 hrs. 4 days a week) and I'm not very car smart but I'm a carpenter so thought I could figure it out but it's shaking worse and I'm wondering If could have mixed up the wires putting them back on or if it could be something worse. It started and idled fine till I tried to be smart. Any help would be super appreciated man. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
9/3/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the sealer he added actually clogs up the cooling system and causes more issues.

from your description. I am concerned that it may have a blown head gasket causing it to overheat and rough running

Roy

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest