Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I need to replacd a steel brake line from the rear axle

Customer Question

i need to replacd a steel brake line from the rear axle area , past the gas tank and ending at a junction box(ABS?) under the driver seat. looking to see if possible without removing the gas tank since I only have jack stands. 2000 chevy astro cargo van
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 2 years ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

when I have this, I use the flexible brake line, which is steel, and route it over and around the tank like the original line was run. you need to secure it with p clips to keep it tight so it will not rub against anything and fail. use a flare end tool when connecting to the brake hose and the abs unit.

Roy

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when you say flexible brake line do you mean like stainless steel hose or is it the standard tubing which requires a tubing bender?
Expert:  Roy replied 2 years ago.

no, never use hose

it is steel line, no bender required. it is flexible enough to bend by hand. any parts store has it and it is sold in rolls.

Roy