Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My son has a 2008 gmc Sierra he has not been able to drive

Customer Question

My son has a 2008 gmc Sierra he has not been able to drive it for 2 months the battery dies within 15 minutes to half hour after he starts driving it. But before it dies it goes crazy the door locks go up and down and a few time his cd's fly out of the CD player also no check engine light comes on so the mechanics can't find out what's wrong with it can you help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 2 years ago.

Hello, can you reword? battery dies? the battery actuallay goes dead and you have to jump to get running again? or something else

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually in about 2 to 3 days he tries to start it and it does start but when he drives it, it goes haywire again also when the truck goes dead and you look at the gauges they don't always go to 0 it is like the truck is still on but the engine is not running. Mechanics can't diagnose it because the check engine light does not come on. I think it's possessed. But he is paying payments on a truck he hasn't been able to depend on in over 2 months
Expert:  Randall C replied 2 years ago.

I am very sorry in that I am not understanding. It is not cranking or not starting? you said battery dies in 15 min of driving, how does he get it restarted? jumping? if battery is dead, I am trying to undertsnad is the battery dead and nothing comes on with key or something else. Here to help, just trying to gather all the information. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apparently it does not die all the time but this time it did die so again we got it towed to another mechanic he can't diagnose it because the check engine light does not come on. But he parks when the locks go up and down gauges go nuts it loses power and he has no control when this happens
Expert:  Randall C replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry, I am asking questions and not getting answers to the questions, I understand no check engine light but you said battery was dying after 15 min, I have asked about jump starting, does all go dead like dead battery etc, I may not be asking the correct questions so I will opt out, I will open the post to the other experts, One should be along soon to continuing helping you, Sorry I could not

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Do you or him have a volt meter that you can test a couple of things for me?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.