Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I broke the connection at the firewall from the themostat at

Customer Question
I broke the connection at...
I broke the connection at the firewall from the themostat at the firewall to the heater core it see the part at the heater core connection was fiberglass.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
8/30/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic

Hi, if it broke off at the heater core then the core will need to be replaced. In the mean time, yes, you can bypass it by just connecting it to the other side of the t-stat so there is a continuous loop in circulation.

LJ

how hard is it to replace the heater core or is there another way to attach the 5/8 heater line to the core coming out of the firewall
are you still there? can I connect the 5/8 heater line from the thermostat to the heater core that broke at the extented connector
any answer for me, I did pay the 28.00 for a month

Hi, sorry i was on the phone with another question be right back

I think the extended connector is part of the heater core.

The core is easy to replace. would you like the instructions?

It might be, this just happened by accident when
I was removing the vortex cover over the intake manifold to fix the oil pressure sensor. what a bummer. but the water connector broke and I am not sure but it seems like the heater core broke that easy is bad. isnt it aluminum
Instructions might be what I need

is this where it broke.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/hose.PNG

Thanks,

That sucks it happened like that. Believe me it happens to us all the time. You go to fix one thing and another thing breaks...ugh...

Fortunately this core is one of the easiest to replace. below are the instructions.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/core.pdf

I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.
You can still ask questions even after you do the required rating and there is no further charge!

Your question does not close after you rate.

Thank you.

Larry

right where the hose clamp is at the end of the connection to the bigger round thing. furthest fom the firewall where you circled

Yup, the core needs replaced. I sent the instructions but forgot to send the other part so here they are.

CORE

VENT MODULE

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/ventmodule.pdf

Please remember to rate my service so i receive credit for working with you.

Any followup questions are free.

did you get those instructions?

Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic