Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have a 93 chevy c1500 with a 454 what a throttle body I

Customer Question

I have a 93 chevy c1500 with a 454 what a throttle body carburetor I changed the cam and now my truck runs bad and back fires some say I have to changethe carburetor and some say i
What i need is to get a ship to program my throttle body card to that cam .i dont want to spend the extra money to my my truck if i dont have to what do u think might be the problom
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I think you might have the distributor in wrong.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have the tool to turn the oil pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've took it to a macanic and what ever he
Does it runs awesome for a couple days I keep it parked and than it starts to do the same that's why he says I need to change the throttle body to a carb and change the distributor.the tool to turn the oil pump what would that do .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
The tool to turn the oil ump does just that, it turns the oil pump so you can drop in the distributor where you want.
If it was running just fine and now it's not again. I would suspect perhaps the fuel injectors are dripping gasoline and fouling out the spark plugs. remove the air cleaner and look at the spray pattern of each fuel injector as the engine is idling. each injector should have a cone shaped spray pattern and be a fine mist, with no droplets. Turn off the engine and make sure there are no drips also from either injector.