Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I just changed out the control module that controls the fan

Customer Question
speed, temperature and blowing direction...
I just changed out the control module that controls the fan speed, temperature and blowing direction - defrost, vent, floor - for my 2002 Chevy Malibu with a new control unit. (When the a/c was selected, it would kick on and off due to the fan speed switch having a very iffy connection. If I moved the fan speed ever so slightly to the left or right within a selected speed, the a/c would engage. Otherwise, the a/c would kick off, and the fan still blows.) Now the air flow comes mostly out the floor vents regardless of the air flow direction selected. So I put the old unit back in and it now also gets the same results. What I missing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Never mind. I figured out the problem. The condition I described occurs when testing the car with the key in the On position. When I started the car, the air direction flowed according to the air direction I selected (defrost, vent, vend / floor, floor).
8/22/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic

Lol..i was just going to tell you to start it up bud.

LJ

Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic