Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

How do I turn off my service vehicle soon light on a 2001

Customer Question

How do I turn off my service vehicle soon light on a 2001 Monte Carlo super sport
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

you will need an obd2 scanner to turn off the engine light

if you do not have a scanner,auto zone and most parts stores will scan it,give you the codes and clear the light for free

understand,,the engine light came on for a reason,this indicates a problem with the emissions system..if there is still a problem with the car,the light will come back on after it is cleared/turned off

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.