Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2005 duramax 2500 HD, and yesterday I drove it

Customer Question
about 2 hours went into...
i have a 2005 duramax 2500 HD, and yesterday I drove it about 2 hours went into the store came back out started the truck it ran matbe 20 seconds and shut off. All it will do is turn over never tries to start. I know it has to be a fuel problem but not sure where to start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
This truck had the fuel injection harness changed out by GM 4 years ago.
I just put a new water pump,upper and lower radiator hose and a new serpentine belt 2 weeks ago.
8/18/2015
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the fuel primer pumps up? Did you get smoke from the exhaust prior to this occurring or did the check engine light come on?

the filter pump pumps up, and no smoke that I could see and I don't believe the check engine light came on. It just stopped like I had turned the key off. It will turn over fine but never even tries to start

Thank you. One last question. After cranking it is the primer button on the filter housing still difficult to push or does it become soft?

I have talked to a couple of duramax guys and they are saying it sounds like the crankshaft or camshaft positioning sensor . Is this a common problem
Figured it out mass flow sit sensor was dirty. Cleaned it and she fired right up. Thanks

I am glad that you got it all taken care of. Those do not fail too often on this vehicle. If you need anything else in the future please let me know.

BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician