Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2005 Chevy Tahoe, new battery, new starter, new starter

Customer Question

2005 Chevy Tahoe, new battery, new starter, new starter relay in fuse box, new ignition starter switch, turn key full power to dash, headlights, power windows power to everything, turn key to start and nothing starter does not engage, 5 minutes earlier truck was fine, any ideas what to replace next? Sure could use some help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

do you have a multi meter on hand ?

in the under hood fuse box if you put your fingers on the starter relay while some one keeps turning the key to the crank position do you feel that relay click with your fingers ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have meter, yes the relay clicks in starting mode, I replaced this relay, first thing I tried
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

very good

can you see if the small purple wire at the starter solenoid shows 12 volts at the small stud at the solenoid that purple wire connects to every time the key is held to crank position ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
you can always get me back through this post for free anytime with any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer !