Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

2000 silverado, 5.3, auto 2wd. Knock sensor code. Replaced

Customer Question

2000 silverado, 5.3, auto 2wd. Knock sensor code. Replaced both knock sensors with GM parts, SES and KS code. Replaced wiring harness, SES and KS code. Cleaned plug into computer. SES, KS code. What to check next?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

what is the code# ***** are getting?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. There was a bulletin for the knock sensors on these engines , the rear knock sensor would rust and cause a poor connection. Simply replacing the knock sensor was not enough you had to also clean all the rust on the mating surface. As the knock sensor gets its ground from the engine block so remove the knock sensors and double check to see if the rust is in fact gone and there is good continuity to ground. If not you will continue to get knock sensor codes. Hope this information helps. Let me know what you find. Lou