GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Was wondering what year,make,model chevy 14 bolt rear end

Customer Question

Was wondering what year,make,model chevy 14 bolt rear end either full float or semi float will be plug and play on a 99 chevy silverado ex. Cab 1500 4x4 also a 2005 1500 ex. Cab 4x4 .... im looking to change out the weak 10 bolt and replace it with a 14
and dont want to cut and weld and ajust and all that crap just swap if possible
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for here.In some cases this is due to the info being difficult to obtain.
If you have not contacted a dealer or auto accessory install facility I would see if they can tell you which may fit with no to mild modifications.If this is not an option for you or was already tried let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ya the bigger the list i can get the better chance i have to find one so far i only know silverado ss 1500s had an option for the 14 bolt and its plug and play and 1500hd silverados (just dont know if its 99-current or which years fit i hear 2500s wont due to spring purch width and shock mounts also brake system match is not necessary its all getting replaced anyway
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I don't have a list for this here.If you want I can open your question back up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have access to build sheets?
If so if i could get that
Vin# *****
And if you know purch spaceing and shock mount spacing that would be awesome also ( had a ratchet strapped rear end in it when i got it )
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I do not.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete