AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Got a '94 gmc suburban that idles rough and has no get up

Customer Question

got a '94 gmc suburban that idles rough and has no get up and go. changed out the injectors, fuelpressure regulator,fuel filter,thermostat coolant temp sensor,plugs,wires and distributor,do i need to reflash the ecm?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN and the code or codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why do you need the vin number ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1gkec16k7rj50406
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Give me a minute,trying to get the glove box insert out of the way
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Top number :16197427-BJLJ,bottom number:86BJLJK640951278*
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get it ?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for that information! Give me a few minutes while I gather some information

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.

Ok and sorry for the delay! I have a lot of ideas. Would you be willing to speak on the phone for a few extra bucks? We could talk right now..

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.

If you would like to speak on the phone, you can request a phone call on your end. I will see it on my end and accept the offer. However, I will only be avaible for a another 20 minutes or so.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok 21 wasted bucks
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.

Meanwhile, I will go over some possible causes. The most likely possible cause is a bad/weak fuel pump. Usually on a big engine like this it is low fuel volume.. not low pressure causing this rough idle and low power condition under a load. 9 times out of 10, replacing the fuel pump will take care of this condition.

Another possible cause would be a bad pickup inside the distributor.. unless that ws replaced. Also, the exhaust could be plugged up so be sure to check that as well. Last but not least, bad/lazy oxygen sensors can do this as well so be sure to check those.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.

Keep in mind, I am trying to help you.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Amede
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Let me know!
Amede