GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I am in search of info regarding 2 error codes on a 2011

Customer Question

I am in search of info regarding 2 error codes on a 2011 Tahoe (P069E, P0186). However, i am not sure if this is a symptom or cause of the system rebooting (almost seems like there is a short). AC idles down, alternator gauge dips, Navigation system/radio reboots. But engine never dies.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems like there is a ton of technical bulletins on system shorts. But not sure where to start with the errors i am currently gettings.
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am CAm. Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Those 2 codes, do they ever reset? Also can I get your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did not reset until i used my ODM reader and i reset them by accident. but the system reboot systems are still occurring (still not fully sure if this is related or not). VIN is: 1GNSKBE01BR227517

Can You check the code P0186, that does not match in the GM manual.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0186 and P069E was definitely the codes shown by ODM reader.

Is there a possibility its was a P018C? IF not then it may be a false code and is a result of a bad fuel pump module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
codes have not reappeared since reset but restarts and shorts still occurring.
OK, let's check the condition of the terminals on the connector going to the fuel pump control module and if you are unable to find any issue, but I believe the fuel pump module will need to be replaced.