Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2008 ltz 2500hd duramax recently this last week the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ltz 2500hd duramax recently this last week the right side windows won't open [crew cab] electric seats do not work electric pedal adjust will not work. mirror adj,all lights , radio dash*****selector all work. I have had a problem to this day if it sits and idles the fuel guage goes to empty and warning comes on the dash has been replaced on warranty did not cure the problem. the truck has 63k miles not used hard.
cecil r. thorne
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The fuel gauge issue is usually caused by a fault with the fuel level sensor itself in the fuel tank.If this sensor is sending an incorrect signal intermittently it can cause the gauge to default to empty.I have had to replace several fuel level sensors in the past before for this issue here.
The fault with the other electronics acting up may be an issue with the body control module possibly.I have seen this control module fail or act up in the past before and had to replace it.
The fault codes need checked in all computers using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set and from there diagnosed to repair the cause of the fault.
Thanks Pete