George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

I am renting a 2014 Chevy Captiva and can't close the rear

Customer Question

i am renting a 2014 Chevy Captiva and can't close the rear passenger door because of the safety child lock.
help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

I don't think it is the child lick it sounds like the latch closed while the door was open.

Place the child lock in the normal position and put the tip of a screwdriver or a strong pen in the hole in the latch on the door where it closes around the post on the body of the car. Pull firmly towards the inside of the door then work the inside door release while you are keeping pressure on the latch. It should open and work normally after that.

Please let me know if that works

Thank you