GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have no e brake pedal return once the release is pulled.

Customer Question

I have no e brake pedal return once the release is pulled. Is there some spring that can break ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
Sorry to hear about this issue. That spring you see is there to take up slack in the cable to the back. When connected to the rear cables it will also help with returning the pedal. To start with, does the release handle work? Does it actuate the small lever on the side of the parking brake assembly? If you pull it and lifting the pedal, does it come up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the release will work once I reach down and pull up pedal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looks like the little gear that would but tension on the pedal to return does not rotate and it looks like the spring end is broken and not resting on post to produce tension

Ok then that means your pedal assembly is bad. IF the parking brake works, there is no more you can do. The pedal is sold as an assembly, and is not all that bad to change out. It comes with a release and the smaller short cable that exits the cabin.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
k thats what I though on to savage yard good bye

Yes, there is no reason a used one will not work. Is there more I Can get you?

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer OK to Excellent service and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have.
Please know that the only compensation for my time spent assisting you is when you provide that rating.