Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

The cast iron bracket connecting the wheel to the frame

Customer Question
broke in the middle of...
The cast iron bracket connecting the wheel to the frame broke in the middle of the bracket causing the entire left rear wheel to come off and only doing 30 mph. This is a 2012 Chevy Cruze with on 24,000 miles.This then cause me to spin out and hitting a tree doing much damage to the to the left side of the car. They are trying to blame me because I change the rims and tires from 17 inch to 18 inch. You can clearly see a defect in the middle of the casr iron bracket. Anyone heard of this before?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 day by:
8/6/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Mike S., Chevy Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

File a complaint here with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and see what their conclusion is. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic