Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

No power to fuel pump new fuel pump and relay on a 1988 5.7

Customer Question
pickup...
no power to fuel pump new fuel pump and relay on a 1988 5.7 pickup
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 day by:
8/4/2015
Chevy Mechanic: mike, tech replied 2 years ago
mike
mike, tech
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
With this - if you are not getting power to the relay even - never mind the fuel pump - then -you have either a break in the circuit - between the Ecu / computer and the relay..or, a fault within the ecu.
The ecu has overall control -commanding the relay - so check the cable loom to it - and the connections to it.. checking through the fuse / relay box too...back to the ecu.. you will either find the fault that way by way of a bad connection of break on the circuit- or, you will determine the ecu is at fault.
If the latter - you can send the Ecu to a specialist for test and repair..rather than a new one.
Let me know how you get on , or if you need anything else / more on this -
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.
power to the orange wire on relay pput in new ecm do to being under life time wanranty
Hello again, thank you for your reply.
You said in the already tried section - which I read at the outset - "..replace fuel pump and relay fuel pump was under wurenty...." ( warranty )
You say now above - " power to the orange wire on relay pput in new ecm do to being under life time wanranty..."...
Really you have only simply repeated what you said...
You need to carry out what I said above - Again, I already knew what you wrote - my answer / reply to was therefore based on that information as to how to instruct you on the way forward - after that.
If you want / need any more help by all means let me know but please be specific...to save all time. But too - you need to follow through on what I stated above first ---
--- I do need you to click on the OK ratings for me at this point now- thank you .. and you can get back to me anytime you may need after -
Rgds, MIKE.
izZC
mike
mike
mike, tech