Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2003 Chevrolet Silverado LS 2WD 5.0 liter engine. The engine

Customer Question

2003 Chevrolet Silverado LS 2WD 5.0 liter engine. The engine trouble light came on as well as "reduced engine power". I turned off the engine, raised the hood, checked the air filter while letting things cool off. After about 10 minutes, started engine, running fine, "reduced engine power" is not appearing. How do I turn off / reset the engine trouble light?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

usually to clear out the check engine light if you disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the 2 battery cables together for a minute then reconnect both cables will clear the light

if the light comes back on or is still on there is a hard code still being triggered current in the computer and would need to be scanned for the code set to know what area the issue is in