GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Have owned 1996 Camaro RS convertible yrs. now and

Customer Question

have owned 1996 Camaro RS convertible for three yrs. now and have spent over 3k in repairs since I have owned. Keep trying to fix the 'service engine light' issue since beginning and keep getting code for transmission slipping and something about solenoid exhaust code. I have fixed EVERYTHING and now still get same light coming on and was told recently that the transmission needs to have "three" mounts replaced. I thought the car only has two and already replaced one 2 summers ago. What do I do??? I have over 300K miles on it.
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. What is the actual fault code number ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not have currently as the last "mechanic" didn't print copy for me. I will have to go to O'Reilley's this morning and get a copy of it. I just spent 600.00 to have the plugs, plug wires, three ignition coils and ignition module ( sits under the coils) replaced... I just spent $$$ getting these items repaired and replaced two summers ago and the parts were 'warranted'. Replaced one transmission mount also summer 2013.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
yeah there are only 2 engine mounts and 1 trans mount. ok if you can get me the code i can get you some intel on what the options are, im a camaro guy myself, ill do what i can to help, sorry you have had some repair issues, keep in mind that sometimes the mechanic is actually to blame,as they overlook items and misdiagnose issues which the customers end up paying the price for. so let me know all the codes and ill see what i can do. Lou
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
and assuming you have the V6 as by the way you described the coil and it being a RS yes?