BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: I have a 97 1500 with a 4l60e tranny

Customer Question

I have a 97 1500 with a 4l60e tranny I think it may be in limp mode. It has sluggish start and I. Not sure if its second and four not working. If based
If gassed to pass it just revs up and won't shift till gas is completely let off
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no noise it just started being sluggish on take off and when stepped on to pass it just reclines like its in neutral. There was tranny oil all over from in front of transfer case to the end of the drive shaft on the rear end. I have changed maf sensor tps sensor change rear seal on transfer case cleaned trottle body. Has after market intake. 4x4. 5.0L.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only code showing up is a torque converter/brake switch code
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me the code number you are getting. Did the check engine light come on right when this started occurring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No check engine light. P0719 that code been on before all this happened. All broke lights work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting on response to pull tranny. Please get back asap
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Did our pull the pan off of the transmission and see if there was any debris in it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pan pulled just sediment and one very small sliver. Checked ohms on selonoid they read 22.8 ohms. Fluid wasn't red it was more brownish color which only has about 4k miles on it.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. From what you are describing it sounds like an internal transmission failure is pending. The solenoid reading is not bad and the fluid being in that condition with some material in the pan tells me that there is a lot of heat and slippage. You more than likely need to have the transmission rebuilt.