GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevy s10: i have a knocking and it seems to be coming from

Customer Question

i have a knocking and it seems to be coming from the compressor
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the long waitdid this problem happen out of the blue ?how does the AC cool ?has anything been done to this truck yet to correct this issue ?was anything done to the truck where now you have this noise ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The noise seems to come from the compressor , but I am sure that it isn't. I have replaced the compressor, the power steering pump, the tensioner idler and the noise still comes and goes. When I force the power steering pump with a screwdriver placed under it and raised, the sound practically goes away. Sometimes, it does go away , but aways returns, usually the same day
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
By the way, the a/c does not work, but i think that is a leak in the lines.