Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT: HiI have 2012 silverado

Customer Question

Hi
I have 2012 silverado and the right turn signal doesn't work . I have tested the fuss, lamps and replaced the stick switch and still didn't work. They work with the hazard light but not with the turn signal. What might be the problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the long waitdoes both the right front and right rear turn signal not work ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes both don't work
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
thank you for that informationcan you be sure the fuse called RT STOP TURN and CTSY both in the inside fuse are good ? and all the fuses are good in that fuse box ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have checked all fuse and the are all good
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where can I find the relay of the turn signal or the blinker relay?
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
if you are sure there are NO blown fuses and both right side front and back signals will not work the issue is going to more than likely be a bad connection at the BCM or the BCM bad itselfthere is no relay or flasher at all in these new trucks everything is done from inside the BCMif you get to the BCM find the connector as seen in the second picture and see if terminal # ***** a dark blue/white wire when the truck is on and the right turn signal is ON see if that wire blinks 12 voltsif it does NOT and the fuses are good make sure the terminals and connectors at the BCM are all good if they are then the odds are replacing the BCM and have the new BCM programmed should correct this problemwith a new turn signal switch and no blown fuses that is what this issue is down too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the BCM inside the vehicle or under the hood?
I found something clicking (when the left turn signal or the hazard light on ) in the relay box under the hood but it doesn't click when the right turn signal is engaged
Do you think it might be related?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, I have scanned the BCM with a diagnostic scanner and I didn't get any errors. Is it possible that it is bad and I didn't get any error codes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
the bcm will not give error codes for the turn signalthe bcm is located under the drivers side of the dash as seen in the picture
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are many connectors at the BCM with different colors. which one should I check?
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
the connector you want is black coloredand these colors of the wires should match up so you know you have the right connector
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the black connector I have red/white wire in terminal 5 giving me constant 12 volt. I don't have dark blue/white in terminal 5
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I need to program my BCM in case I disconnected the connectors to clean them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
See the pic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are right, I was mistaken it is blue/white wire
And it is not giving any output
Can I disconnecte the BCM and return it without the need to program it?
And if I get BCM from the junk yard, do I need to program it?
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
any used or new BCM must be programmed to your truck for it to workif you just unplug your bcm and plug it back no it will not need to be reprogrammed