GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ: I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe with 141,000

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe with 141,000 miles. I'm not a mechanic, just a decent mechanically inclined sort. The check engine light came on while on vacation back to Ohio (1600 mile trip back there from Wyoming went fine, no issues or lights). Got code P0449. Checked gas cap and reset codes (pulled negative battery cable for a few minutes). Got another check engine light and P0449. Changed the canister purge solenoid/valve. Reset code and got another check engine light and code P0449. Changed the canister vent solenoid/valve, hoses, filter, etc. Reset codes. Got another check engine light and P0449. Drove it home from vacation with light on. Gas tank was hard to fill like the vent is plugged. Checked the wiring some at home and found that I am getting a constant power and ground to canister vent solenoid/valve closing it all the time. Getting power, but no ground to purge solenoid/valve. I found that I can pull the negative battery terminal and fill gas tank fine (allows
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me how long it takes for the light to come back after you reset it?