Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am having problems with my 06 equinox reverse gear, a new

Customer Question

I am having problems with my 06 equinox reverse gear, a new park/neutral safety sensor was installed. However, when, I try to go in reverse, even on a small incline, the gear lever indicator lights switch from reverse to neutral and the truck jerks, before reversing. Help me!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I need you to remove the shift linkage from the transmission after its been started. Someone needs to be on the brakes, parking brakes set, and wheels scotched. Then manually shift it to reverse. If the issue still occurs then there is a concern in the transmission. If not then the shift linkage has alignment issues. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris