GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Impala: 2005 Chevy Impala. Check engine light on

Customer Question

2005 Chevy Impala. Check engine light on steady after starting. Owner's manual says it is an emission control problem. Car is slow to take off from a stop. Accelerator must be pressed almost down to the floor to get car moving and also makes a rough noise then after 40 km/h (25 mph) the noise is gone. What could the problem be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youhow many miles is on the car?explain the "rough noise"the best you can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello,My Impala has 85 000 miles. The rough noise was not there before the check engine light started to appear. Also the engine temperature becomes slightly elevated, but the thermostat keeps the temperature regulated (does not overheat into warning temps). I hope that helps.
ok..have you scanned the cars computer?