Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet S10 Blazer 4x4: 94 S10 4.3 Vortec. Starts fine.

Customer Question

94 S10 4.3 Vortec. Starts fine. With gentle pressure on accelerator, engine will surge, hesitate, surge, hesitate, surge, hesitate and finally level out. Will repeat again after coming to stop or accelerating after coming completely off acceleration, like when going down a hill and tr
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youdoes the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the computer codes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Check engine light does not come on
when did this problem first begin?
does it do this with the engine hot and cold?
does the engine light work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Has been acting up for a couple months. Occurs hot or cold
does the engine light work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe so. I have not checked for codes since the light has not come on
does it only do this at an idle?does it run well out on the road?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Runs well on road once you get going
does it seem to flood?[get too much fuel] does it maybe blow black smoke out the exhaust?do you smell raw fuel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
None of the above. One thing. It does not do it when using reverse
it doesnt do it in reverse?
that doesnt make sense
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I agree. Maybe just a fluke, since reverse was tried after my son demo Ed the problem in our driveway. Could it be a clogged fuel filter?
i wouldnt think it is the filter,,sense it does run well out on the road
without any trouble codes,,i can give you my thoughts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Your thoughts...
ok..a few things here
first,if it hasnt been done in a while,,tune it up,new plugs,wires.rotor and distributer cap
any of these ignition parts could do this and there is no good way to test them
next,,remove and clean the egr valve[it may have carbon under the valve thus causing a major vacuum leak from the exhaust
also,remove and clean thiac[idle air control] valve,when these get dirty,they can make the idle surge..be sure it is set correctly when you install it
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujw3xxpy6kmt89s/0711-s10-Linear%20EGR%20Valve%20Central%20MFI.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/ujw3xxpy6kmt89s/0711-s10-Linear%20EGR%20Valve%20Central%20MFI.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help