Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet C1500 4x2: C1500 no power before 2k RPM and slight…

Customer Question
C1500 no power before 2k...
C1500 no power before 2k RPM and slight backfire at TBI.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 3 days by:
7/13/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a lean engine running condition.This may be caused by a lack of fuel to the engine due to a weak fuel pump or restricted fuel filter or an issue with a restricted exhaust component like the catalytic converter.If you have not had these checked this needs done to see if a fault is found.If a fault is found with any of these here it will need to be repaired to correct this issue.
Thanks Pete
I've torn the motor down. It was covered in sludge! I'm replacing oil pump, screen, harmonic balancer, timing set, push rods, lifters, valve springs head gasket set, and doing an entire clean of the motor. Oil pump wasn't working because of no oil pressure. They told me when I bought it that the gauge didn't work!! Lies!! Anyway, will these symptoms along with very loose timing chain give me lack of power at lower RPM? Fuel pressure is good along with new fuel filter.
?
I apologize for the delay.I was on vacation for a bit there.
The issue you have found can cause running issues like this here.If you still have any issues after you replace these components let me know.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Auto Service Technician