Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Z71: Hey john have a issue I have yet

Customer Question

Hey john have a issue I have yet to solve. I have a 1998 Chevy suburban 5.7 vortec bought it used had a knock in bottomed so pulled motor rebuilt the bottom end only 84k on truck. It had a oil leak on rear of intake which the owner before probably ran it lower which got the rod bearings. Anyways put new intake gaskets on it put it in the truck cranks right up ideals great but if you are stopped and hit the gas to take off it goes to about 3k then starts busting up let of the gas some it will do alittle better but not right. Also if you put in neutral and rev it will go to 2500-3000 then bust up will not go over..it's not like a rev limit like a miss or lose of gas. But it'll you rev slow past 3 then it will go all the way up. Checked and changed maf cats. Plugs wires cap button erg valve fuel pressure is good at rail no check engine light. What else could cause this I know Chevy had a issue with the spider injection but figured that would throw a misfire code. Maybe tps sensor coolent sensor and oil sensor seem to be working fine too. Any help would be great thanks. Jesse
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youyou say fuelpressure is good,how much psi do you have when it is breaking up?