Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet C1500 4x2: I replaced the doors on my 96 Chevy Truck

Customer Question

I replaced the doors on my 96 Chevy Truck then realized with the new doors was power everything. So I had to change the wiring harness out with a 97 from where I got the doors.That is where the issue started with the wireless key remote ignition to power everything. I could not get the truck to start so I changed the computer put the old steering column back without anti theft nothing was working. Had the computer reset at dealership nothing, changed distributor and cap and now it starts but seems like brakes are not releasing in drive.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect all other wiring from the computer to make sure it leads to the correct components that it had on the 97 to match your 96.You may be missing sensors or other electrical components causing this issue here that may need installed.
Thanks Pete