Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z71: My auto temp in 05 avalanche

Customer Question

My auto temp in 05 avalanche will only blow out cold air until you set temp to 90 degrees.... already replaced interior temp sensor- no luck or change.... trying to figure out what to try now...
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set in the heater/ac control panel.If any are set post them here as this will help.This is done with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with your vehicles heater/ac control panel.
This sounds like a possible temp actuator fault that is either not calibrated properly or failing needing replaced.To try and calibrate it first let me know if you have the AUTO or manual temp controls.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete