Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet 2001 s10 pick up 2001s10 pick up: Trying to boost…

Customer Question
Trying to boost power for...
Trying to boost power for a 2001 s10 with a 3.2 engine or would rather put a v8. High performance swap in it but don't know what else to. Buy to make swap. Headers. Blower eg notion. And info on nitro. Need some speed. , I am a jet jockey. Have a need for speed. Help Roy Smid usmc
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/30/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Dj, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Roy,Your best bet is a small block Chevy 350 (5.7) engine. "There's no replacement for displacement." This is a common swap and installation kits are available. The small block Chevy engine is readily available which makes the prices reasonable. Check Craigslist. You'll get the most power for the least amount of money and it will be reliable when you're done. Here's a site where you can get the kit.http://www.jegs.com/p/Trans-Dapt/Hamburgers-S10-V8-Engine-Swap-In-a-Box-Kits/1589023/10002/-1What exactly do you want to know about Nitro? Do you know the smog laws for the state that you live in concerning modifications?Let me know what your specific questions are.DJ