Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet: In replacing the antena mast I find part of the

Customer Question

In replacing the antena mast I find part of the old broker off in the housing. Instructions said it was a simple matter of a couple of screws and bolts, but after removing the unit I find the housing is a sealed unit??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.
,Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youwhat is the year,make,model and engine?thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess I thought you were mind readers, Sorry. It's a 2003 Corvette Convertible with rear antena
ok..please give me just a moment
do you have the power antenna,or is it a fixed unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Power antenna
stand by,,i will give you the procedure
..PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/tz9zs5hwo2c7xti/0628-03-corvette-POWER%20ANTENNA%20ASSEMBLY%20REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/tz9zs5hwo2c7xti/0628-03-corvette-POWER%20ANTENNA%20ASSEMBLY%20REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The old mast cable is broken off in the power unit and it is a sealed unit. The new mast will not feed into the power unit?
the cable itself is broken also?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I have a new mast assembly
do you also have a new cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
ok,,stand by,i will upload the cable procedure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The old cable is still in the unit so the new won't feed in
www.dropbox.com/s/r0k9eq2lqpas8xu/0628-corvette-cable-ANTENNA%20EXTENSION%20CABLE%20REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I must not be explaining the problem very well. Only the old mast cable (with the teeth) is broken . I ordered a new mast and antenna but part of the old cable is still in the sealed unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did I confuse you or were we cut off??
sorry,i lost connection..if it is broken,,it will need to be replaced..this is the instructions www.dropbox.com/s/r0k9eq2lqpas8xu/0628-corvette-cable-ANTENNA%20EXTENSION%20CABLE%20REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do we get the broken mast out of the sealed unit? It won't' feed in with the piece still in it.
i was under the impression you were replacing with a new unit and cable..
i do not know that the sealed unit will come apart
thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tim . I was worried that was the case. That means I need to purchase the total unit, correct?
yes,,i would think so...
this isnt to say that a electronic tech cant fix yours,,but mechanically,you may need to replace the complete unit
thanks