Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevrolet Malibu Classic LT: I am trying to trace an open circuit

Customer Question

I am trying to trace an open circuit to my 2009 malibu 4 cyl exhaust cam sensor, PC00013
I have replaced sensor but unresolved
I check voltages on 3 wires, 5 volts on two outside but centre white wire 0 volts
should it be 12 volts?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. So to be clear you replaced the camshaft SENSOR?
The fault code is not for the sensor. It's for the solenoid Valve. You need to replace the camshaft actuator solenoid valve that is located in the top of the valve cover just in front of the number 1 cylinder. There are 2 sole kids sticking up. I recommend replacing both but the fault is with the exhaust which is the one obviously on the exhaust side of the valve cover. The fault is not with the SENSOR. Most people are unaware of this and parts stores also are unaware of the valve. They are the same price from napa or the dealer and take 5 minutes to replace. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9tts0bv9vcwmkty
Here is a link to the valve , how it looks. Hope this information helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** replace both valves today.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
No problem. Chevy kinda snuck some new technology out there and didn't really make it known to the public and like I said the part store guys have no idea , you should see the deer in headlights look lol. If you need more assisntace I'll be here to help. Please don't forget to rate my service , also make sure the oil is changes either the proper 5w-30 dexos approved oil. Or you will have the same issues with a new valve. Down the road.